Saturday 13 March 2010

Spring brings new things

This outfit's origin was the black and white striped top; it was the first thing that i put on. I then noticed how bored i was the same old striped top and blah blah blah...and i noticed how if i teamed the striped top with my fav pastel purple Marc Jacobs jumper, that the striped top became fresh and infact picked up the outfit. I felt great walking into Selfridges with this on!

This is probably my first real stab at putting together an ensemble on my blog, so i was abit nervous.

I am so so so tired this week, but fortunately i got to shop today! Thank God! The first time in WEEKS!

As everyone knows, on Saturday it's MOTHER'S DAY! Yes kids, it's the day that every child gets to say thank you to their mums for being there by, yes, shopping!
Of course, when i got to trying to find my mum a present, i knew i was going to fuck it up, completely! First of all i spent weeks asking her what she wanted and for weeks i didn't get a proper answer until today. When i got to Urban Outfitter's surprise surprise! It wasn't there. I was in HMV buying Rochelle her BELATED birthday present( so sorry Rochelle, please don't disown me), which was the James Dean film East of Eden( me and Rochelle, have a thing for James Dean, but, let's face it, that's not a crime, it should be a rule) and i spotted this Francois Truffaut book.
One of the things i am thankful for, is my mum introduced me to the best French films ever made! I cannot tell you or even explain how much i enjoyed Bed and Board!
Anyway, i stood there for ages freaking out whether or not she'd like it.

  



Ring: H&M   Bow:H&M



Lipstick: Maybelline and Rimmel.
I mixed nude and rasberry.



My beloved Jalouse. I seriously cannot live without my monthly fix. It totally feeds my French Fashion addiction. If you want to find this magazine, that never fails to put fashionable people on the cover, you can find it at Victoria Station and Selfridges. Their blog is jalouse.fr.
Half of my mum's present. I cannot tell you how worried i am. 
I really am expecting the brush off smile that she might give me. Wish me luck.
<3
JL

4 comments:

Youthless said...

<3 the bow&ring! Nice touches
And alsoo the jalouse shot
-your mum's book looks interesting x

Joyce said...

Thanks.
God! I hope she likes it. He's one of the best french directors ever, along with Jean Luc Godard
<3

welcometoviolence said...

whoa im in love with the shoes!

Michele said...

Cool pictures! I like the bow around your neck instead of on your head:P

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0